👣Walking barefoot, also known as “earthing,” has gone from being a kooky and playful trend, to a scientifically-researched practice with a number of remarkable health advantages, such as increasing antioxidants, reducing inflammation, and improving sleep. Here, we break down the benefits.
• Better control of your foot position when it strikes the ground
• Improvements in balance, proprioception, and body awareness, lead to pain relief
• Better foot mechanics, which can lead to improved mechanics of the hips, knees, and core
• Maintaining appropriate range of motion in your foot and ankle joints as well as adequate strength and stability within your muscles and ligaments
• Relief from improperly fitting shoes, which may cause bunions, hammertoes, or other foot deformities
• Stronger leg muscles, which support the lower back region